Numerous texts regarding financial management are available in the market although the prices have become ridiculous in recent years. The following is a partial list of books that I consider to be valuable as references although you might want to look them over at a local University library to see if they fit your needs before investing more than $100 apiece for the majority of these texts:
- Analysis for Financial Management, 8th Edition by Higgins;publisher McGraw-Hill/Irwin; ISBN 978-0073258584;approx. $75.00 note: excellent short version of major finance concepts and practices. Very readable.
- Principles of Corporate Finance, 9th Edition by Brealey, Myers and Allen; publisher McGraw-Hill/Irwin; approx. $135.00 note: this text is not for the faint of heart, but is a worldwide leader in sales. It is a tough read unless you already have an MBA.
- Finance for Managers (Harvard Business Essentials); Harvard Business School Press; ISBN: 978-1578518760; approx. $20.00 note: relatively simplistic, but an accessible introduction to the topic.
- Foundations of Financial Management, 11th Edition by Block/Hirt; publisher McGraw-Hill/Irwin; ISBN 978-0072977929; approx $145 note: an introductory text that most students find quite readable and helpful.
- Financial Management and Policy, 12th Edition by VanHorne; publisher Prentice Hall; ISBN 978-02736859827 ; approx $130. note: another of the classics, probably due for a new edition, most find it understandable and a reasonable read.
- Key Management Ratios: Master the Management Metrics that Drive and Control Your Business, 3rd Edition by Walsh; publisher Financial Times Prentice Hall; ISBN 978-0273621973; approx $75.00. note: This paperback has gotten excellent reviews although I have not personally read it.
- Corporate Financial Management, 3rd Edition by Emery/Finnerty/Stowe; publisher Prentice Hall; ISBN 978-0132278720; approx $175.00. note: An introductory finance course text that has excellent material but is almost 1000 pages.